Screen Extractors for Tanneries
Description and Working Principle
Screen extractors have been specially developed for:
- A great amount of hair which must be separated from the water along with other solid substances (effluent from lime drum); or
- Hair along with other refuse (effluent from tanning drum); or
- Various solid refuse (effluent from dye drum).
After separation liquid can be re-used for another working cycle.
The Screen Extractor positioned at the drum discharge, sees to the screening of the effluent.
Performance and Technical Features
Advantages and Innovative Features
- Construction material: stainless steel
- Absence of bearings
- No mechanical components in contact with the product handled
- Low speed
- Shaftless spiral, therefore no jamming or blocking even if with fibrous products
- Low investment cost
- Intermittent operation; variety of screen mesh sizes
- Long-life screw brushes