Screen Compactors for Poultry
Description and Working Principle
This unit has been developed for dewatering feathers from poultry processing.
At the end of the process, which generally uses a great amount of water, rejects from the plucking department end up in an effluent stream.
Because of the composition and the dimensions of chicken or turkey feathers and, in some cases, the requirement for re-use, these rejects must be separated before entering a waste water treatment plant.
The Screen Compactor having 0.5 mm mesh size manages to screen feathers, consuming considerably less energy than any traditional system.
Performance and Technical Features
RANGE AND PERFORMANCE
- Throughput rates up to 30 l/s of water and 3 m³/h of feathers
- Screen mesh size: 0.5 mm
- Screen width: 700 mm
- Screening screw without compacting zone
- Stainless steel housing
- Shaftless spiral screw made of stainless steel
Advantages and Innovative Features
- Absence of bearings
- No mechanical components in contact with the product handled
- Low speed
- Shaftless spiral, therefore no jamming or blocking
- Low power requirement
- Low investment cost
- Intermittent operation
- Long-life screw brushes