Grit Removal / PISTA®
Grit Removal – PISTA® Grit Chamber
CST is the Australian Representative Office for Smith & Loveless.
The prevailing method of grit removal globally is the vortex grit chamber – the PISTA® unit. Smith & Loveless research and development engineers have dramatically improved the original PISTA®Grit Chamber design. This has led to several patents on the design by Smith & Loveless, including a flat bottom in the grit removal chamber, an inlet baffle with a coanda ramp and redesigned rotating propellor, all of which work together to enhance flow conditions.
There are close to 2000 PISTA® Systems installed worldwide and Smith & Loveless is the world leader in this technology.
- Smith & Loveless PISTA® Grit Chamber offers both 270 degrees and 360 degrees liquid rotation. The in-line 360 degree flow pattern allows for easier head works installation and even greater grit removal efficiency.
- Smith & Loveless PISTA® Grit Chamber is a flat bottom which offers higher grit removal and simpler civil construction.
- Headlosses of approximately 6mm across the PISTA® Grit Chamber
- Other improvements including mechanical fluidiser, special grit pump and concentrator.
- For more details see the PISTA® System on http://www.pistagritchamber.com/
For more information contact us or refer to Smith & Loveless website: www.smithandloveless.com